Thursday 20 June 2013

How to deal with Birthday Blues

It's my birthday today! I went to bed with a silly pang of fear about age but in fact I have loved my first day of being 26. Once I let go of my worries, I began to have a happy and memorable day.  I arrived at work to find a delivery of the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. Then there was cake, cards and bubbles quicker then I could say "impromptu office party". I'm dizzy from all the sugar and super excited about the two weeks of celebrations ahead! 

So what have I learned?

Never worry about getting old. Embrace it. Be happy within yourself. I realised today it is important not to link happiness to age as much as it is important not to link it to beauty or material things. I always want to laugh from my heart and be free of worries about age, beauty, money or expectations. Our thoughts control our feelings and actions and ultimately shape our lives. So as soon as a worry about age or expectations creeps into my mind, I stop and think about everything I am grateful for, take a deep breath and just let the worries go. Simple. Happy. Thoughts. Have a wonderful day. Ruby x

No comments:

Post a Comment